Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Paying it Forward

Chef E,

Well, GOD one day turned into 5 !!! I'm just the busiest ex server ever these days... But I wanted to let you guys know what happened to the Finklestein family over spring break!

Okay.. so we go to the focaccia bread and Olive oil restaurant for dinner.. And we're eating... pretty much shoveling it in, although I did split a meal with my niece and had my girls split a giant spaghetti dinner. We eat... we're beached whales... we relax for a moment.. we think about dessert and then realize we needed to be able to walk out the door, not be carried.. the meal was nice, Shine(that's what we'll call the hubby) and I had both our mothers there and we were still in a good mood. Didn't have much dinner conversation.. I think we were starved when we arrived and I pretty much just drank 400 glasses of ice tea and concentrated on the food..

ANYHOO!

SO Shine says.. "Can we have the check please?"
The waitress.. (pulls out the check and then puts it back) "Uh... someone has taken care of your check... anonymously..(we're all just staring)..your meal has been paid."
Me... "well I hope they took care of your tip.." Me laughing hysterically... her not so much.. "I'm just kidding... do we need to tip you? Did he take care of you??" 
Oh yeah.. she smiles. You don't need to tip... OMG... I started looking around the room.. for the person who randomly picked up our 125 dollar tab.. WOW... that is so amazing.. I seriously couldn't believe it.. People are so cool... 

So we tried to be discreet and not freak out and look around trying to figure out who it was...

On a side note.. when Shine and I went to see Robin Williams when he was here, we tried to go to this restaurant and it was PACKED. 1 1/2 hour wait. Well, we walked right up and this guy asked if there was a party of two.  "Right here! we said..." and proceeded to eat dinner with this great guy and his daughter... 

So this place is really happening for us....right.... Wanted to share something HAPPY!!! 

Happy Full Moon peeps!

Chantel

2 comments:

  1. Nice story! Once we had someone pay for our dinner when they (I am guessing) saw my kids be very polite and eat upscale foods most kids would not...pays to teach the little ones about foodie stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go vote for me! Here at Savor The Thyme, you will see my legion of peeps! and in the upper right hand corner Chef E button! March on soldiers...

    ReplyDelete